St. Petri Kyrka (St. Petri Church)Address: S:t Petri kyrka, 593 33 Västervik Show map
Address: S:t Petri kyrka, 593 33 Västervik
St. Petri Church is one of Västervik’s most magnificent churches. The church is open all year round and many musical events have been arranged here.
St. Petri Church was built between 1903 and 1905, the architect was A. E. Melander, who was also the architect for Västervik’s station building. The cost of the church, with its huge terraces, was SEK 380,000. The baptismal font was produced at Gusums bruk in 1664. Two excellent organs: an Åkerman and Lund organ from 1905, when the church was built, and a Marcussen and Son organ, which was inaugurated in 1968 in connection with the renovation of the church, provide the musical sonorities in the church.